FA, MX, DX Updates
STATEMENT ON NETJETS DISPATCHER TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
May 6, 2016
Earlier today, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters announced details regarding the tentative agreement covering NJA’s 48 flight dispatchers. Once ratified, the agreement will represent the first contract for the dispatchers. The tentative agreement comes after more than four years of sometimes-difficult negotiations.
Highlights of the new agreement include:
- An eight-year term, consisting of a five-year base term and a three-year option period (exercisable at NetJets’ discretion), that will help provide long-term stability for our business
- Average market adjustments and base wages increases totaling approximately $9,000 (or 18.5%) upon ratification – resulting in average dispatcher base wages of approximately $58,000 in the first year of the agreement
- Annual wage scale increases of 1.75% to 3% thereafter
- A competitive benefits package
- Limited job protection in the case of technology-driven enhancements
- Lump sum ratification bonuses
Like all of our team members, NetJets’ dispatchers are valued members of our team and an important part of our operation. We would like to express our gratitude and appreciation for their patience and focus on our Owners throughout the lengthy bargaining process. We also would like to once again express our thanks to the negotiating teams who worked diligently and professionally to bring this process to a conclusion.